Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Wedding's Tale

Marriage is the union of two people; it is the utmost proclamation of love and commitment
to your partner. It is a promise to be with your partner through sickness and health,
through good and bad, 'til life takes its natural turn.

Last April 10, 2016, me and my boyfriend of 7 years decided to tie the knot!
So far the best decision I made in my life. The wedding was magical,
the day was perfect, everything was great!

Let me share our beautiful day with you...

Our wedding wouldn't be made magical without the help of these awesome people:

Photographer: Oak St. Studio
Videographer: Take Two Films
Hair and Make up: Ian Lipa
Venue: Blue Gardens
Cake: Carl Tiu
Prep Hotel: Linden Suites
Table Numbers: Mel's Collection
Marriage is a celebration of love. It is a curiously beautiful coming together of two families. It's an eventful day full of laughter, well wishes, and tears of joy. My heart is overwhelmed to see so many people gathered together to celebrate our love and to cheer for our future.
Details, details, details!
I did not have a wedding planner so I did everything on my own. Hey that's no problem, Google is around! I promise you you'll find everything you need there - just be decisive!
Linden suites is a nice place to have your wedding prep because they are very lenient. When other hotels hear the word wedding they want to charge you all the extras they could. Some even require you to buy food from them to feed your crew! Linden is nothing like that, no additional charges, you just book your room and that's it! The guards even congratulated us when we returned to the hotel to rest after the whole event.
Here are some photos from our Wedding Prep.





Now let's go on to the Ceremony at Blue Garden's! Blue Garden's is an enchanting place that is not a sore on the pocket. When I first saw it in photos I was fixated, when we visited the sight - I was mesmerized (we booked it instantly!).
They have ready made packages but we went with our own suppliers. They charge a minimal fee for outside photographer/videographer and outside catering.
Allow me to share with you a few amazing photos during our wedding ceremony:

The bride's entrance <3


My happy groom <3

The most beautiful and heart felt part... vows!

THE KISS!!!

"Mabuhay ang bagong kasal!"


By the way, here is what the wedding march area looks like:

There are so many photos that I want to share with everyone, this day was truly the best day of our lives and our awesome photographers were able to capture it to the finest detail!

They were able to translate the whole EMOTION of the event into photos! (not to mention, they were really kind and fun to work with!)

Here's my awesome entourage and ninongs and ninangs:

Aside from the mesmerizing location for our wedding march, let me dazzle you with the RECEPTION!

Enchanting cake made by my brother!

Custom table number design made by Mel's Collection

Yep! <3 by my brother (and his fiance)!

"1 Cor. 13" <3

Look at those gorgeous center pieces and wooden backdrop!

I hope you enjoyed this simple tour of our wedding!

Allow me to give you some tips and tricks on planning your wedding :)

1.SET A BUDGET per item - be as specific as possible!

(e.g. 10k for lights and sounds, 15k for video, 15 for photo, etc.)

2. BE DECISIVE! There are a lot of suppliers out there, if you always want to find a "Better one" and is always curious of "what else is out there" maybe, just maybe, you won't finish planning your wedding HEHE. Decide today! If it fits the budget set in item #1 and you like the work of the supplier, GO ON AHEAD AND BOOK IT!
3. Hire or appoint a wedding coordinator that is decisive and strong-willed!
On that day, you won't be able to execute all the plans you had in mind (because DUH you're the one getting married :)) ) The coordinator will be the one to decide for you, he/she will stand as your mouth piece so be sure to hire someone capable to do that and has the same mindset as you!
4. Ask for your fiance's help. Let me tell you this, he USUALLY (again I will stress,not all) will not voluntarily help out (especially in choosing what color or design will go with what) - Ask him to help you, give him SPECIFIC tasks ;) - this will save you hundreds of fights hahaha
5. Don't just prepare for the wedding, prepare for your marriage (the most important part of it all).

6. On your wedding day, don't forget to breathe in, step back, and enjoy everything that is happening because this will be one of the best moments in your life <3 Don't stress out about anything, just enjoy each other, this is your day!

xx,

Mel Chang ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! Keep it up. Didnt reaize that you are a blogger. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete